We’ve been making these vegetables for a while now, and it’s always a hit with the family and guests. The combination of fresh herbs with the sweetness of the sweet potatoes and butternut squash along with the leeks is fantastic!
If so, just Click Here.
- 3 sweet potatoes, diced (4-5 cups)
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced (2-3 cups) (optional)
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped (omit for AIP)
- 1 leek, chopped (or use 1 onion)
- 1/2 cups olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix the olive oil, rosemary, thyme, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Place the diced sweet potatoes and butternut squash into the olive oil bowl and mix well.
- Line a large baking tray with aluminum foil. Remove the sweet potatoes and butternut squash from the bowl and spread onto the baking tray. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the leek and peppers into the bowl with the remaining olive oil mixture and mix well.
- After the 20 minutes, add the leeks and peppers (and any remaining olive oil mixture) onto the baking tray, and with a spatula or wooden spoon, carefully mix the vegetables together.
- Bake for 30 more minutes.