The holiday season is always so busy and packed with things to do! I’m just taking it easy this year – no traveling, no entertaining, no hassle. But that doesn’t mean I can’t still eat well! So, this is my pretend party appetizer – apple and cheese (brie or blue cheese) wrapped in salami!
You start with some thinly sliced slices of salami (or use prosciutto instead), some soft cheeses (omit if you’re trying to be strictly paleo), and some apples (I like honeycrisp apples). Specifically, I used both a brie and a blue cheese (raw and aged).
If so, just Click Here.
Cut the apples into long chunky strips and the cheese into chunks. Then take 2 slices of salami and wrap it around it, securing with a cocktail stick. Here’s the setup with the blue cheese…
And here’s the setup with the brie…
- Cut the apple into neat chunks and place the cheese on top of the apple so that the apple is on the bottom when you place the wrapped salami on the trays – this ensures that they standup prettily!
- Don’t make these too far ahead of time as the apples will oxidize and turn brown!
These are super quick to make, so you’ll have plenty of time preparing the other dishes for your party.
- 10 slices of salami
- 5 chunks of soft cheese (brie or blue cheese)
- 1 honeycrisp apple, cut into chunky strips
- 5 cocktail sticks
- Place a chunky strip of apple and a chunk of cheese onto a slice of salami and wrap. Then use another slice of salami to wrap around the first covering the seam.
- Use a cocktail stick to hold everything in place by placing the stick first through the cheese and then through the apple, so that the end result stands up with the apple on the bottom.