Simple Paleo Crumbled Fish Sauté
One of the things I love about fish (apart from its deliciousness) is just how fast it cooks!
And, as an extra bonus, fish defrosts quickly if you buy it frozen.
All of this adds up to a super fast meal!
And if you’re wondering why I called it “crumbled fish,” it’s because the cooked fish pieces look like they’ve all been crumbled.
You don’t need to dice the fish prettily, but it helps if the pieces are all roughly of the same size to ensure they all cook at the same pace.
- 2 fish filets (I like to use tilapia or cod - salmon also works), defrosted and diced (chopped into small pieces - see photo for size of pieces)
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 5 button mushrooms, diced
- coconut oil to cook with
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a skillet or pan.
- Saute the onions, peppers, jalapenos, and mushrooms until the onions turn translucent and the peppers are soft.
- Add the diced fish and saute for 1 minute (the fish cooks really fast!).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.