Desserts can sometimes be tough on a paleo diet, but this one is not only delicious but also simple! Simply place a chunk of dark chocolate (I like to use 99% unsweetened chocolate, but anything above 75% or 80% will be fine, especially for a treat) into a microwavable bowl. Note that if you’re not used to eating chocolates over 80%, they can taste very bitter. In fact, even people who enjoy very dark chocolates have trouble accepting 99% or 100%. It’s definitely taken me some time to start enjoying it!
If so, just Click Here.
Microwave until melted (usually around 1 and a 1/2 to 2 minutes for approx 1oz (30g) of chocolate). Then, sprinkle in some fresh berries (I used raspberries and blueberries here) or dried fruits.
For a bit of added deliciousness, drizzle a bit of almond butter over the berries.
NOTE: If you have blood sugar issues, then try to use dark chocolate (preferably 99% or 100%).
- 1 oz (30g) dark chocolate (preferably above 80%)
- 5 raspberries
- 10-15 blueberries
- 1 Tablespoon of almond butter
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave. This usually takes around 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Place the berries into the melted chocolate.
- Finish by drizzling the almond butter over the top of the berries and chocolate.