Super Easy Paleo Sloppy Joes Recipe
This Paleo sloppy joes recipe is so easy and delicious! I like to make a huge batch of this (double the recipe below) and keep it in large containers in the fridge to eat during the week.
It’s very versatile – you can eat this easy Paleo sloppy joes by itself, top it on microwave Paleo bread (it takes 5 minutes to make), or my favorite is to top it on this root vegetable mash (a trick I picked up from eating at a ton of times at my favorite NYC Paleo restaurant, Hu Kitchen).
My dad, who’s diabetic, tops Paleo sloppy joes on a bowl of easy bacon brussels sprouts – he loves it!
Easy Paleo Sloppy Joes Recipe
I often omit the onions from this recipe to make it a bit faster, but I do like to add in the fresh basil at the end – it really makes a difference along with the fresh garlic.
- 3lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced (optional)
- 2 14.5oz cans of diced tomato
- 1.5 6oz cans of tomato paste
- 10 fresh basil leaves, diced (optional)
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- salt to taste
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large stockpot on high heat.
- Add the diced onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until the beef is browned.
- Add in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste and stew on medium heat with the lid on for 1.5 hours - stir regular to make sure it doesn't burn on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the crushed garlic and diced basil leaves and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add salt to taste.