I feel like the weekend always zooms past, and even though I seem to spend a large portion of it cooking, I’m always left scratching my head as to what I should eat! This Sunday morning, after lugging back a bunch of groceries, I found myself hungry but yet bereft of any quick and easy foods. So, after perusing through my refrigerator, I reached the decision that a quick scramble with some eggs and veggies would be a good (and more importantly, QUICK) solution. Also, I had just picked up some fresh berries so they would be perfect as “dessert.”
If so, just Click Here.
I pulled out the veggies from my fridge – 4 baby bella mushrooms, a 1/4 cup red bell peppers I had left over from a previous cooking session and a handful of spinach leaves. I also spotted some left over deli ham. So, I chopped everything up, dropped a knob of butter into the frying pan and started sautéing it all.
Meanwhile, I quickly whisked 3 eggs and dumped them into a different frying pan with some butter. The trick for great tasting eggs is NOT TO OVERCOOK THEM!
To prevent overcooking, but also to have them be cooked in a reasonably quick time, I set the heat on medium, and kept on stirring, making sure the eggs were stirred up as soon as some got stuck to the bottom of the pan. It’s a bit labor intensive, but it makes for much better scrambled eggs.
After scrambling was complete, I turned off the heat, seasoned the eggs with a bit of salt and pepper and stirred in the sautéed veggies and deli ham.
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 4 baby bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- 2 slices of deli ham
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop up the vegetables and the ham.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter into a frying pan and melt. Saute the vegetables and ham.
- Place the whisked eggs into a separate frying pan with the other 1/2 tablespoon of butter. Cook on medium heat and keep stirring to prevent overcooking.
- Once the eggs are cooked, season them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, add the sauteed vegetables and ham in with the eggs and mix. Serve immediately.