Yep, it’s sweet potatoes and grass-fed beef all combined into one giant yumminess, a best of all it’s really simple. This came out of a fortuitous experiment. I had some sweet potatoes and some grass-fed beef but not much else in the fridge, so what better idea than to combine them together, right? You can eat these burgers by themselves or sprinkle some salt on them. I didn’t take many photos since I didn’t actually expect this to work, but it did, and it tastes really good! I’ll have to post more photos after I make them again.
If so, just Click Here.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 and 1/2 lb grass-fed ground beef
- salt to taste
- Boil the sweet potatoes with their skin on for 1 hour so they're really tender and soft.
- Cool the sweet potatoes with some running cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes (they should peel easily).
- Place the peeled sweet potatoes in a blender or vitamix and blend a few times (it may not blend too well since it's pretty solid), but you just need it a little bit blended.
- Mix well with the ground beef and make into 12-14 small patties.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and arrange the patties on top of the parchment paper.
- Bake in oven for around 50 minutes or until they turn golden/brown (you can break open one of the patties to check that the meat is cooked all the way through). Flip the burgers around 40 minutes in if you remember!