Easy Zucchini Beef Saute with Garlic and Cilantro [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
If you’re looking for a fast and nutritious dinner, then this is a great recipe for you! It’s super fast because the beef and the zucchini are chopped into thin strips so that they cook quickly, and it’s delicious because the garlic, cilantro, and gluten-free tamari soy sauce (use coconut aminos instead of tamari sauce if you’re on AIP) add tons of flavor to this dish .
Chop your beef into strips – you can use any cut of beef you want. I used a thin steak that I chopped up. If you can slice it against the grain of the meat then that will make it easier to eat.
Peel the zucchini and chop that up into similar sized strips. I did this by first chopping the zucchini into round slices and then chopping those slices into long strips.
Saute the beef on high heat until browned (this only takes a few minutes).
Once the beef is browned, add the zucchini strips to the pan.
Add in the garlic (you can mince it or just chop it up into thin slices or small pieces).
Add in the chopped cilantro.
Keep sauteing for another 1-2 minutes and then serve immediately. The beef is more tender if served warm. You can serve this dish with some white cauliflower rice for a delicious Chinese inspired Paleo/Keto/AIP meal, or you can serve it with a salad or some Paleo bread. I served this with a raspberry arugula side salad.
Pinterest Image for Easy Zucchini Beef Saute with Garlic and Cilantro [Paleo, Keto, AIP]
- 10 oz (300 g) beef, sliced into 1-2 inch strips (against the grain if you can)
- 1 zucchini (approx. 300 g), cut into 1-2 inch long thin strips
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced or minced
- 2 Tablespoon gluten-free tamari sauce (use coconut aminos for AIP)
- Avocado oil to cook with (or coconut oil or olive oil)
- Place 2 tablespoons of avocado oil into a frying pan on high heat.
- Add the strips of beef into the frying pan and saute for a few minutes on high heat.
- When the beef is browned, add in the zucchini strips and keep sauteing.
- When the zucchini is soft, add in the tamari sauce, garlic, and cilantro.
- Saute for a few minutes more and serve immediately.