While many of us contend with runny noses and watery eyes this time of year, we wonder: how did our human forebears of past millennia cope? Are the old claims about their “brutish” lives substantiated by Claritin deficiency? Probably not. Our ancestors had several things going for them that likely protected against seasonal allergies:
- They had parasites. Hookworms, pinworms, whipworms, and other helminthic parasites were mainstays of nomadic hunter-gatherer existence (and of pre-industrial agrarian societies
You have met your free view limit. To access the full article, please login or subscribe.
Already a subscriber?
Log in now
Subscribe TodayPaleoMagazine.com is the premiere source for everything related to the Paleo lifestyle and ancestral health.
Digital Subscriptions Include:
- Access to 850+ delicious, grain-free, gluten-free Paleo recipes.
- Access to 650+ high-quality, carefully curated articles.
- Regularly updated content from expert contributors.
- Weekly specials via email notifications.
Select your subscription: