- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 golden delicious or Jonagold apple,
- peeled, cored and sliced into 1/4” pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 – 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle shallot, garlic, sliced apple, and bay leaf over chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix sauce ingredients. Pour over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-7 hours or high 4-6 hours. You can spoon sauce over chicken to serve, or if you’re feeling adventurous, you can ladle some into a small pan and simmer over medium heat until reduced by half. This thickens the sauce nicely and concentrates the flavors.