From the December/January 2020 issue
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or raw honey
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped, freeze-dried or dehydrated apple slices
- Preheat oven to 225°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the pecans, almonds, and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until nuts are broken down into smaller chunks and are uniform in size. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- To the bowl, add the chia seeds and coconut flakes. Stir to distribute evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and sea salt. Pour over the nut mixture and stir well until fully coated. Spread in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, then carefully stir the mixture. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until granola is dehydrated and crunchy. Let granola cool for 45 minutes.
- Add the apple pieces and stir to combine. Store cooled granola in an airtight container at room temperature.