Makes 10 muffins
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 medium Gala or Pink Lady apple, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
- ½ cup honey, maple syrup, or a blend of both
- to equal ½ cup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 10 cups of a standard muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, ground ginger, and salt.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the apple, honey or maple syrup, eggs, olive oil, and thyme. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well to combine. Divide the batter among the 10 lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before serving.
- Store muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, or freeze for longer storage.