Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
Using bacon fat is an efficient way to get the most out of your bacon. It’s a stable and flavorful cooking fat built into your bacon! Simply save the fat that is left after cooking a package of bacon (strain before storing if you wish). We suggest keeping leftover bacon fat in glass jars.
- 1 lb carrots, cut into thin matchsticks
- 3 TBSP rendered bacon fat, melted
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the carrots on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the bacon fat over the carrots, and then sprinkle with the salt, sage, and pepper. Toss gently to coat all of the carrots, then spread them in an even layer. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender and browned in spots. Serve.