Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 TBSP almond flour
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts only, diced
- 3 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 TBSP fresh chives, chopped
- 2 TBSP fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground celery seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Place the zucchini in a fine-mesh sieve, sprinkle with the salt, and gently toss to combine. Place sieve over a bowl or sink and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, to allow excess water to draw out of the zucchini.
- While the zucchini sits, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium- low heat until fat has rendered and bacon is cooked, about 8-10 minutes. (Do not let the fat smoke, reducing heat as necessary.) Transfer the bacon to a cutting board and chop. Pour the fat into a small bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200F and line a large baking sheet with an oven-safe cooling rack.
- Transfer the zucchini to a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place zucchini in a large bowl along with the almond flour, coconut flour, scallions, parsley, chives, dill, garlic powder, celery seed, pepper, egg, and the chopped bacon. Stir until fully combined.
- Set the same skillet used for the bacon over medium heat. Add enough of the reserved bacon fat to come 1/4 inch up the sides of the pan (add additional coconut or avocado oil, if needed). Scoop 1/4-cupfuls of the zucchini batter into the skillet, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. Press batter into 1/2-inch-thick patties and cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Carefully flip and continue to cook until golden brown and cooked through, another 2-3 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet rack and place in the oven to keep warm while you make the remaining fritters. Serve hot.