- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup loosely packed italian parsley
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 4 slices bacon
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Poke the eggplant all over with a fork and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, until very soft. Remove from oven, let cool slightly, then peel off skin and discard.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a medium skillet until done. Cool, then crumble. Set aside. Reserve 1 – 2 TBSP bacon fat.
- Cut peeled eggplant into large chunks. Place in a food processor or blender.
- Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt & pepper, parsley, 2 TBSP olive oil and reserved bacon fat to the food processor. Puree until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Stir in most of the bacon crumbles, reserving a few for the top.
- Drizzle top with olive oil, sprinkle with remaining bacon crumbles and a sprig of parsley for garnish.
- Serve at room temperature with cut up veggies.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days in an airtight container.