From the August/September 2017 issue
Makes about 2 dozen
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 TBSP plus 1 tsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Form into tightly packed tablespoon-sized balls. Place on the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet (macaroons will set up as they cool).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.