From the June/July 2018 issue
For the crust:
- 1-1/2 cups Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 5 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- 3 TBSP hot water
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs, fried (or cooked any style)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
Make the crust:
- In a large bowl whisk together the cassava flour, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add the egg, oil, and water. Stir or knead to form a smooth dough.
- Place the dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Transfer the dough, parchment paper and all, to a baking sheet. Remove the top sheet of paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Spread the pesto on top of the crust. Layer on the bacon, tomatoes, eggs, and basil. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.