From the February/March 2018 issue
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and diced\
- 8 Cassava Tortillas (see cassava tortilla recipe), wrapped in aluminum foil to keep warm
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs with the water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into the pan and cook, stirring often, until just set and scrambled, 3-5 minutes.
- Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Stir in the bacon crumbles.
- Top each tortilla with eggs, tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, and avocado.
- Serve right away.