Flavor packed pesto muffins make a great, filling breakfast, or a quick grab-and-go lunch for the office or kids lunch boxes.
- 1/3 C raw cashews
- 3/4 C fresh basil leaves
- 1 C fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large organic eggs
- 2 TBSP water
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 6-cup muffin tin. Set Aside.
- In a food processor, puree cashews into a coarse flour. Add the basil, spinach, salt and garlic. Start the processor, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the pesto is thick and a paste-like consistency. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. Add salt and pepper. Whisk again to combine.
- Pour egg mixture into the muffin cups, three-quarters full. Spoon 1 tsp pesto into the center of each egg filled cup. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top and eggs are set in the center. Cool 5-10 minutes before serving, or cool completely, remove from pans and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 5 days.g.