From the December/January 2018
- 5 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, butter, or ghee, divided use
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 medium celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cored and shredded
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and the cauliflower and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the parsley, rosemary, garlic, and sage. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the broth. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm.