From the August/September 2017 issue
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen cherries, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips, roughly chopped
- Place about one quarter of the cherries in a blender. Chop the remaining cherries and set aside. To the blender add the coconut milk, honey, and vanilla. Blend until creamy and smooth. Add the chopped cherries. Stir to combine, but do not blend.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker. Freeze-churn for 20 minutes. Add the chocolate chips and continue churning for 5-10 minutes more until the ice cream has the consistency of soft serve.
- Serve right away or transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm.