Makes 18–20 cookies
- 1-1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsulphured dried apricots, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews in a large skillet over medium heat. Toast, shaking the pan occasionally, until lightly browned and fragrant, 4–5 minutes.
- Transfer the hot cashews to a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Add the coconut oil and process for 2 minutes, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, baking soda and salt to the cashews.
- Process to form a smooth, oily dough. Transfer the dough to a bowl and knead or stir in the dried apricots. (Don’t worry if the dough is very oily.)
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on the lined baking sheets.
- Using the tines of a fork, flatten each cookie to 1/3–1/2 inch thick.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.