From the February/March 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 TBSP avocado oil
- 1 Cup diced onion
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed (about 4 Cups)
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 4 links chicken sausage, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add avocado oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add onion and sweet potato and stir to combine. Add 1/4 cup water, cover with a lid, and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Remove lid and add bell peppers, chicken sausage, and seasonings. Cook for another 5-6 minute until cooked through and chicken sausages are golden brown. Serve.