For the banana bread:
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound/455 grams)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick/50 grams) grass fed butter, melted
- ½ cup (125 grams) almond butter
- ½ cup (60 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the swirl:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-by-5-inch (23-by-12-cm) metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix well until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and mix together well.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving.