Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 5 large eggs
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 TBSP arrowroot starch/flour, divided use
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 TBSP coconut oil for greasing the skillet
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and lemon zest until well combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, 2 tablespoons of the arrowroot starch, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with the remaining 1 tablespoon of arrowroot starch. Fold blueberries into batter.
- Grease the waffle iron with the coconut oil. Add about 1/4 cup of batter to each waffle mold and cook until golden brown, according to your manufacturer’s instructions. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm