From the April/May 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 2 MINUTES
- 2 TBSP grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 (14-oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1lb mussels, cleaned
- 1/4 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to SAUTÉ and melt the butter.
- Pour in the coconut milk, then mix in the mussels, onion, curry powder, salt, ginger, cilantro, and cayenne pepper. Close the lid, set the pressure release to Sealing, and select MANUAL COOK. Set the Instant Pot to 2 minutes on high pressure and let cook.
- Once cooked, perform a Quick Pressure Release by carefully switching the pressure valve to Venting. Remove the mussels and place in 4 serving bowls (discarding any mussels whose shells have not opened). Spoon some of the broth over the mussels and serve.