- ½ head of cauliflower (approx 1.5 lb), broken into small florets
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cultured ghee (or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) coconut milk (from a can shaken and at room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla ghee or if AIP)
- Chives or scallions (chopped spring onion), finely chopped (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets into a large microwaveable bowl with 1/4 cup of water at the bottom. Microwave on high until they are softened (around 10-12 minutes). Check every 3 minutes to make sure there’s water in the bowl still. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower florets.
- Place the softened cauliflower along with the melted ghee, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with chives or scallions.
TIP: While the vanilla extract is not essential, it really adds a sweetness to the dish that I love.
- Serving Size: 1 large plate