- 2 TBSP coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cauliflower, cored and chopped into florets
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup canned (full-fat) coconut milk
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds and chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the cauliflower, onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the broth. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15–20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender.
- Purée with the coconut milk, avocado, and salt and pepper to taste. (Use caution when puréeing hot liquids.)
- Serve bowls of the soup garnished with pumpkin seeds and parsley, if using.