From the December/January 2019 issue
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 minutes
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 apple
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 C tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tins of sardines
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1. Divide the lettuce leaves between two salad bowls. Add the raspberries, sliced avocado, and sliced apple evenly between the two.
2. On medium heat, add 2 TBSP olive oil to a pan. Combine the tapioca flour and 1/4 tsp sea salt in a small bowl.
3. Pat dry the sardines then dredge in the flour and place in the pan once hot.
4. Flip after 2 minutes, or when the first side is becoming golden brown, then cook the other side for another two minutes.
5. Add the sardines to both salads and dress each salad with a TBSP of extra-virgin olive oil and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.