From the June/July 2016 issue
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil or coconut oil, plus more for greasing the dish
- 3 cups chopped kale or Swiss chard (stems removed)
- 1 medium zucchini or summer squash, diced
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced or finely grated
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 9-inch pie dish (or similar sized casserole) with oil.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the greens, zucchini, and shallot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to the bottom of the greased dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables in the dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until just set.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve garnished with sliced basil.