- 1 cucumber (12-13 oz) – peeled and cut into large chunks to fit into blender
- 5 small basil leaves (or 3 large leaves) (use more leaves for decoration)
- Juice from 1/4 lime
- 1/4 cup water
- Place everything into the blender and blend well. (If using a juicer, omit the water and add the lime juice in after juicing the cucumber and basil.)
- Strain the puree and pour the resulting liquid into large ice cube trays or molds. Save the resulting cucumber solids to make this recipe.
- Freeze the trays for 4-5 hours (or overnight) until solid.
- Make drinks using the ice cubes e.g., add them to sparkling water to flavor the water or to vodka for an easy cucumber basil flavored chilled vodka drink!