From the December/January 2020 issue
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus more for dressing
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP plus 1 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- Juice of one lime
- 1-1/2 tsp madras curry powder
- 3/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped raw cashews
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, honey, lime juice, curry powder, turmeric powder, and ginger. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove from oven and let cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes. Chop into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Refrigerate until cool, 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is completely cooled, pour the dressing over the chicken and stir until fully coated. Add the shredded carrots, cilantro, and cashews. Stir to combine. Serve.