From the April/May 2018 issue
For the chicken:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBSP capers
For the potatoes and green beans:
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Place the chicken in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, salt, and pepper. Turn the chicken several times to coat. Sprinkle the capers on top.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the pan of chicken and pan of potatoes in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Toss the green beans in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- After the chicken and potatoes have roasted for 15 minutes, place the pan of green beans in the oven.
- Continue roasting until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the hot potatoes and green beans into a large bowl.
- Add the vinegar and dill and toss to combine.
- Serve the chicken with the vegetables.