Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 TBSP coconut oil for greasing the skillet
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut flour, cocoa powder, arrowroot starch, and baking soda until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a griddle or cast iron skillet to medium- high heat. Grease the skillet with the coconut oil. Pour 1/4-cupfuls of batter, evenly spaced, onto the hot griddle. For thinner pancakes, use a spoon to spread out the batter more. Cook 5-7 minutes or until edges start to brown and bubbles appear in the center of the pancakes. Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes or until done. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm.