From the October/November 2016 issue
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 2 TBSP ground flaxseed
- 2 TBSP ground chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1-1/2 cups very hot water
- Milk of choice, to taste
- Maple syrup or honey, to taste
- Chopped fresh fruit or berries, for topping
- In a blender combine the coconut, walnuts, ground flaxseed, and ground chia seeds.
- Blend until everything is ground.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, and water. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Pour into a bowl and let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Serve with a splash of milk for extra creaminess (if desired), maple syrup or honey to taste, and fresh fruit on top.