From the December/January 2018 issue
- 30 white or baby bella mushrooms, stemmed and gently wiped clean with a damp towel
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, spicy or mild
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 large egg
- Chopped parsley and scallions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the mushrooms, gill sides up, on the baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine the sausage, onion, and egg. Mix thoroughly to combine. Fill each mushroom with a small amount of the meat mixture, dividing it evenly among the mushrooms.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Garnish with parsley and scallions and serve.