On today’s show we welcome Jared Toay, owner of Jared’s Probiotics. Jared is an expert on probiotics and gut health and he’s as passionate about teaching people as he is about experimenting with new and tasty fermented products. He likes to come up with new ways to give you both, by making probiotic drinks and snacks like granola, kombucha, probiotic soda, and even probiotic beer.
In today’s interview, we talk about gut bacteria, probiotics, prebiotics, what kefir is, how it’s possible to make a soda that’s actually pretty healthy and a lot more. Jared is a digestion expert, an authority on fermented foods and he owns a company offering this delicious fermented drinks and food.
CLICK HERE for the full transcript.
On today’s show we discuss:
- Jared’s health journey and what sparked his interest in fermented foods.
- What probiotics are and why they are so important.
- Probiotics in food versus probiotic pills and supplements.
- The foods probiotics eat, called prebiotics.
- How probiotics work for paleo diets that are low in sugar and starch.
- The steps to help heal a problem gut.
- Whether you can overdo it on probiotics.
- Things to look out for that are good quality and naturally probiotic.
- The difference between water kefir and kombucha.
- How probiotic granola and other foods are made.
- New upcoming products you can look forward to.
- And much more!
“It’s very important to have a very strong working, healthy gut.” — @jaredsprobiotic [0:07:31.1]
“Not all probiotic foods are created equal.” — @jaredsprobiotic [0:27:42.9]
“The key to better health is really focusing on better digestion.” — @jaredsprobiotic [0:47:05.1]