Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 27 mins
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided use
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 4 large eggs, fried, optional
- 2 TBSP cilantro, chopped, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Stir to coat in the oil, then cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned, 15-20 minutes. Remove potatoes to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the ground beef, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Cook, stirring to break up any large pieces of meat, until browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomato, lime juice, and cooked sweet potatoes. Stir to combine.
- Serve hash topped with a fried egg and a sprinkle of cilantro, if using.