From the October/November 2018
- 1 large or 2 small-medium spaghetti squash
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound ground lamb, turkey, or beef
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or finely grated
- 1 TBSP finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBSP finely grated lemon zest
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prick the squash all over with a knife. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meat and cook, breaking up with a utensil, until mostly cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Add the bell pepper and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. A
- dd the garlic, thyme, basil, oregano, and cumin. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the artichoke hearts, spinach, parsley, and lemon zest. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Rake the flesh into spaghetti-like strands with a fork.
- Top the spaghetti squash with the meat and vegetable mixture. Top with feta cheese if desired. Serve warm.