Asparagus will disappear twice as fast when wrapped in prosciutto and grilled. After just a few minutes on the grill the asparagus is tender, with charred crispy tips, and the prosciutto’s salty flavor is even more intense. These asparagus bundles are a simple but impressive appetizer or side dish.
Yield: 4 servings
- 32 asparagus stalks, bottoms trimmed
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- In a medium bowl, toss the asparagus with olive oil and black pepper so it’s evenly coated.
- Hold 4 stalks of asparagus together and wrap one long, thin slice of prosciutto around the middle, securing the asparagus in a bundle. Repeat, until all of the asparagus is wrapped and you have 8 bundles.
- Grill the bundles, turning once or twice, until asparagus is lightly charred and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.