From the June/July 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 12 minutes
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small red chili (fresno), finely chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower head. Cut off the bottom stem end to create a flat base. Standing the cauliflower up on the base, cut into 3 thick “steaks”. Rub with avocado oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Place steaks on the grill and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Before you flip them, the cauliflower should be charred but slightly tender.
- While the cauliflower cooks, make the chimichurri. Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley, cilantro, red chili, and salt and pepper in to a small bowl and mix to combine. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Once cauliflower is done, top with chimichurri and enjoy!