For the Skewers
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into large cubes (approx 1-inch)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (omit for AIP)
- 1 zucchini
For the Garlic Sauce
Additional ingredients for the marinade
- Heat up the grill to high. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water first. For the Garlic Sauce, place the garlic cloves and salt into the blender. Then add in around 1/8 cup of of the lemon juice and 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Blend well for 5-10 seconds, then slow your blender down and drizzle in more lemon juice and olive oil alternatively until you hear the blender sound shift a bit (it’s subtle!). The consistency will then change into mayo-like consistency. If it doesn’t work, don’t worry – the sauce won’t look amazing, but it’ll still taste good!
- Keep half the garlic sauce to serve with. Take the other half of the garlic sauce and add in the additional 1/2 cup of olive oil and teaspoon of salt. Mix well – this makes the marinade.
- Chop the chicken, onion, bell peppers, and zucchini into approximate 1-inch cubes or squares. Mix them in a bowl with the marinade.
- Place the cubes on skewers and grill on high until the chicken is cooked (usually, we grill on the bottom for a few minutes to get the charred look and then move the skewers to a top rack with the lid down to cook the chicken well).
- Serve with the garlic sauce you kept.
TIP: Making an emulsion (that mayo -like consistency) can be tough if you’re new to it, so don’t worry too much if it looks a bit ugly. It still tastes good.
- Serving Size: 1 large plate
- Calories: 580
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 55 g