From the August/September 2017 issue
- 1 (14-ounce) can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated for 24 hours
- 3 TBSP honey, divided use
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 – 1 pound red cherries, halved and pitted
- 3 medium firm but ripe peaches, halved, pitted, and cut into large chunks
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Make the coconut cream: Remove the lid from the chilled can of coconut milk. Scoop the thick coconut cream from the top of the can into a bowl, being careful not to get the water at the bottom of the can. (Water can be discarded or saved for another use.) Use an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to whip the coconut cream for 30-60 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and the lemon zest. Beat to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a grill to medium. Thread the cherries and peaches onto grilling skewers. Grill the fruit for 8-12 minutes or until just tender and showing grill marks. Remove from grill. When the fruit is still warm but cool enough to handle, slide it off the skewers into a large bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Toss gently to coat and create a syrup.
- Serve the fruit in bowls topped with a dollop of the coconut cream.