- 1 medium eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick crosswise
- 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, seeded and
- sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated or minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Place the sliced vegetables on the grill and cook until just tender and brown around the edges, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Chop into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and oregano.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with pine nuts (if using) before serving.