From the June/July 2019 issue
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 10 MINS
- 1 large avocado, smashed
- 1 TBSP lime lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 and 1/2 TBSP avocado oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 Cup broccoli sprouts (or microgreens of choice)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Place a small cast iron over the grill and let it get hot.
- In a small bowl add the avocado, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-1/2 inch thick pieces, making about 4 pieces of “toast”. Grease both sides with 1/2 TBSP avocado oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper. Add 1 TBSP avocado oil and whisked eggs to the cast iron and cook for 3-5 minutes until cooked to your preference. Set aside. (This can also be done on the stove)
- While the eggs cook, make the zucchini toast. Place sliced zucchini directly on grill and grill for 2 minutes per side, until slightly softened. Assemble the toasts. Spread smashed avocado on toast, evenly distributing. Top with broccoli sprouts, sliced tomatoes, scrambled eggs, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.