Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 TBSP olive oil, divided use
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided use
- 2 boneless turkey breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 TBSP full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 10 cups kale, stems removed and chopped into 3-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 2 medium-size red apples, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the sweet-potato cubes on one half of the baking sheet, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Gently toss to coat.
- Add the turkey breasts to the other half of the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Place in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and carefully stir the potatoes. Place back in the oven and cook an additional 15 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft and lightly browned and turkey is cooked through. If the potatoes finish earlier than the turkey, remove potatoes to a bowl to cool while you continue to cook the turkey until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once the turkey is cooked, remove from the oven and let rest for 15 minutes. Chop the turkey into 3/4-inch cubes. Refrigerate while you prepare the dressing.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the almond butter, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, ginger, coconut milk, and chili flakes. Process until smooth.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and massage gently with your fingers until it softens a bit. Add the cubed turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, grapes, and some of the dressing. Toss to coat. Serve.