From the June/July 2015 issue
- 2 lb red organic potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into
- 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 TBSP finely chopped chives
- 1 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cover the potatoes with cold water in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a knife, 8–10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, parsley, chives, shallot, mustard, garlic powder and oregano.
- Pour the dressing over the hot potatoes and toss gently to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Allow the salad to sit at room temperature until cool, about 20 minutes before serving. The salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.