- 1 whole chicken
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, cut into large chunks
- 20 fresh basil leaves (10 for the slow cooker, and 10 for garnish)
- 5 thick slices of fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Additional salt to taste
- Place the chicken, lemongrass, 10 basil leaves, ginger, and salt into the slow cooker.
- Fill up the slow cooker with water.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Ladle the broth into a bowl, add in salt to taste, squeeze in fresh lime juice to taste, and garnish with chopped basil leaves.
- Serving Size: 1 cup