From the August/September 2016 issue
Makes about 10
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil (plus more for cooking)
- 1-1/3 cups tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender in the order listed.
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the center of the skillet, forming a tortilla that’s about 6 inches in diameter. Cook for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for another minute.
- Transfer to a plate. Repeat the process using the remainder of the batter. Do not oil the skillet again unless it is visibly dry.
- Store tortillas in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.