Makes about 25 cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, salt and allspice.
- In a small pot over low heat, whisk together the honey and coconut oil until melted.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to form a thick dough.
- Pat the dough into a rectangular mass and place it on a large sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper on top. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1/8 inch thick. Trim any jagged edges. (Reserve for snacking!) Transfer the rectangle of dough, parchment paper and all, to a baking sheet.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into rectangular wafers.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown. The cookies will still be soft to the touch upon removing from the oven.
- Cool completely.
- Then cut or break along the precut lines into individual wafers.
- Store in an airtight container.